Wednesday August 1 Prediction: Detroit Tigers vs Boston Red Sox
Wednesday, August 01, 2012
The Boston Red Sox look to finish off a three-game sweep of Detroit Tigers on Wednesday while continuing their home domination of the Tigers. Boston has won nine of the last 10 meetings at Fenway Park and is 30-8 at home against Detroit since 2003. The Red Sox have won four straight games overall and trying to display they can still be a factor in the American League wild-card chase. The Tigers have lost six of eight games.
Tuesday’s contest was called in the sixth inning due to heavy rain and the timing wasn’t good for Detroit. The Tigers trailed 4-1 and had the bases loaded when play was stopped. The shortened contest also ended Detroit ace Justin Verlander’s streak of pitching at least six innings in a game at 63. Boston is 3 1/2 games out in the wild-card race. The Red Sox were hoping to get slugger David Ortiz (Achilles’ tendon) back for the series finale but a weekend setback has postponed his return.
Porcello lost to the Toronto Blue Jays in his last outing after winning his previous three decisions. He gave up five runs and six hits in six innings against the Blue Jays. Porcello hasn’t allowed a homer in eight straight starts and 11 of his last 12. He is 0-2 with a 10.80 ERA in three career starts against the Red Sox.
Cook has lost his last three decisions. He was hit hard in his last start when he allowed six runs and seven hits in four innings against the New York Yankees. Cook has allowed two homers in each of his last two starts. He lost his only career start against the Tigers, allowing four runs in six innings last season.
1. Red Sox OF Jacoby Ellsbury has never been retired by Porcello, going 5-for-5 with a homer.
2. Tigers 3B Miguel Cabrera batted .344 with nine homers and 23 RBIs in July, his best monthly totals in all three categories this season.
3. Boston 3B Will Middlebrooks is batting .414 with two homers during an eight-game hitting streak.
Recent Trends on Detroit::
- Under is 8-2-3 in DET last 13 overall.
- Under is 8-2-3 in DET last 13 on grass.
- Under is 10-3-2 in DET last 15 road games.
Head to Head :
- Over is 7-1 in the last 8 meetings.
- DET are 16-40 in the last 56 meetings in Boston.
Vegas Betting Lines MLB Prediction: Boston -110
More Prediction at Las Vegas Sports Pick
- Baseball Predictions and Odds: Detroit Tigers vs Boston Red Sox
- MLB Baseball Betting Odds and Lines: Detroit Tigers at Texas Rangers
- MLB Baseball Las Vegas Prediction: Cleveland Indians at Detroit Tigers
- Saturday July 14 Prediction: Boston Red Sox vs Tampa Bay Rays
- Las Vegas MLB Lines: Boston Red Sox vs Detroit Tigers